Monday, December 26, 2011

Happy Holidays… BAH HUMBUG!!!!!!!!!!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS faithful followers of the Monkey and to those who just drop by for a peek behind the curtains. And yes, I did say Merry Christmas. If you want the politically correct version I suggest you look elsewhere, cause it’s sure not here and will never be here. I mean really, what has all this politically correct nonsense gotten us anyways but whiney cry babies that want to sue you for something they themselves have done. Because they got their widdle feewings hurt. Now before some of you get your new panties that you got for Christmas in a wad, and you know who you are, I am NOT saying that one should not think before one opens that pie hole under their noses, because they should, because speaking before one thinks is a form of bullying, but that’s another subject all together, so stand by. That being said, let’s get back in task shall we?


For those that have followed the Monkey, you know that I am a monkey of the world. I have been places and seen things that would amaze and delight you as well as straighten your short and curlys. And in all my travels, America is the only place where our so called “Law Makers” have to argue over what to say during this supposed happy time of the year. Do we really need a law on the books telling us what we should or shouldn’t say during the holidays?

Now, we have all heard the stories about someone who has a Jewish friend who greets them with Merry Christmas and not Happy Chanukah or Happy Holidays or anything of that sort. Well, I got one better. As you may or may not know, I severed proudly in this country’s military and I have been all over the world. And it was during one of these sojourns that I found myself in the Middle East, not my first time mind you, but my first time during a war. I was in this quaint little place called Saudi Arabia for a little thing called the Gulf War. Now I did my damnedest to TRY to speak the language, as I always do when I am in someone else’s country, I mean it’s the polite thing and they get a kick out of watch you make a fool out of yourself trying to speak it. But back on point. Here I am, your humble monkey, who is a God fearing Christian in a Muslim world and those that chose to speak to me during the holiday season when I was so far from home, greeted me with a simple Merry Christmas. Here where individuals that most likely had as much understanding of God as I did Allah, but yet still found it in their hearts to greet me in a way that made me feel that old Christmas spirit.

So why is it that someone that really doesn’t understand the meaning of what was said say it and not think twice about it, yet here in our own country do we need to be told that it is OK to say Merry Christmas? I mean are we that far gone and that stupid that we have to be led to the trough and told what we can say and how we are to say it? Really????? I think that the next time someone says “Happy Holidays” to you that you should hit’em with your cane and give them a loud… BAH HUMBUG TO YOUR HAPPY HOLIDAY, IT’S CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!

But Hey…WhatdoIknow!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. wow strong words for someone who is a "scroog" during the holiday, turning off my Christmas music when I was not looking at work. However you are right, our nation has become to PC and is doing everything they can to erase our past and how this nation was formed and came to be. I have a lot of people that are of different faiths and ethnicity and none of them get up set with hearing or even saying Merry Christmas. Since the reason we celebrate it is the birth of Christ. Yes, I have a very strong faith in God, Christ and the Holy Spirit but I also acknowledge those out there that do not share my faith.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Preach on sister, and oh, by the way; (bah humbug).

    ReplyDelete
  3. TURNING OFF THE MUSIC WHEN YOU WEREN'T LOOKING!!!! OMFG! That deserves 50 lashings!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete